Click here to for a list of the most up-to-date drivers for the Canon imageRunner 3225 copier. Make sure you install the newest driver version to ensure full compatibility with your computer. This driver adds support the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series.
Steps to installing the driver:
Delete current printer:
- Open System Preferences (found under the apple at the top left corner of your screen) and click on “Print & Fax” panel in the Hardware section.
- Select the “Print & Fax” panel under Hardware.
- Delete your current canon printer by selecting it and clicking on the minus button.
Unzip the downloaded file and open the installer.You will need to enter your computer password to install this software. Send Matt an email if you can’t remember your password is.
Open System Preferences and click on “Print & Fax” panel in the Hardware section.
- Click on the + symbol under the list of printers on the left.
- Make sure IP is selected at the top and choose the protocol “Line Printer Daemon – LPD”
- Enter the following addresses depending on the printer you want to setup:
- Coon Rapids – Main Office – 10.0.1.250
- Coon Rapids – Mop Closet – 10.0.1.109
- Burnsville – Central Office – 10.0.1.207
- Burnsville – Alliance Office – 10.0.1.206
- Change the “Name” to something descriptive such as “Main Office Printer”
- Under “Print Using” change the drop down menu to “Select a driver to use” and type in 3225 (you might have to do this twice). Click on “Canon iR3225 UFR II (US).
- On the print screen you will probably need to change the “Printer” drop-down menu to the one you just created.
- Pick a one page document to test printing.
- Read this article to learn about double sided printing, stapling, and other options.